November 6, 2013

The Sweetness of Gigi's Coffee and Cupcakes

I've been waiting for a month for Gigi's Coffee and Cupcakes to open up in Shang-ri la Mall . I've seen their branch at Eastwood however I rarely went there. So, I was very delighted when I learned that they will have a store in the new wing of the Shang-ri la Mall.

Their store in Shang-ri la Mall is small compared to the one in Eastwood. It is located at the 6th floor and at the left side of the escalator. The store was so small that I almost did not notice it. The color of the store is mostly green and white. The chairs and tables will make you feel like just having coffee and cupcakes at your own home. Maybe because beside Gigi's Coffee and Cupcakes is Shelter Home and Design. So, while waiting for your order you may look around and see what you can buy at Shelter Home and Design.

I'm being a fanatic of salted chocolate and salted caramel food. I want to try Gigi's Sea Salt Chocolate cupcake and so it's exactly what I ordered. I accidentally squeezed my cupcake that the chocolate glazed on top have cracked. The sprinkled salt was very evident on top of the chocolate. The bread was so soft but not that moist. The saltiness blends perfectly on the sweetness of the chocolate. Although the cupcake looks plain the taste is very delectable. This is something that I will always order whenever we come back.


My sister who is a coffee addict ordered the Coffee Cupcake. My sister also got excited with the cupcake that she squeezed it and some of the frosting on top slipped on the side. I like the frosting on top because it taste like coffee.


Gigi's Cupcakes are very affordable unlike the other cupcakes which will cost you around P80 to P100. The cupcakes we bought only cost P50. Aside from the Sea Salt Chocolate and Coffee Cupcakes they also have Red Velvet, Peppermint, Chocolate Chip Overload, Raspberry, Cinnamon and Green Tea. Actually they have a lot of cupcakes flavor that I actually forget some of it. They also have coffees and teas. I will definitely try their drinks on my next visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment