November 1, 2013

Being Artistic: Photography and Painting

I wasn't able to go out much this month and even if there are long weekends because of the holidays I was stuck at home. Not that I did not much have fun, actually I liked what I did while at home. 

This month I was doing the things that I like. I joined a photography competition on a phone application and there was a Halloween Booth competition in the office. My creative skill was again challenged. Since I started working, I rarely used my creative skills in arts. At work, it's usually your creativity and thinking out of the box to solve problem and make work much more efficient.

It was my sister who told me about a photography contest for wallpaper background. It was hosted by an application that she installed on her phone. Among the thousand entries only 200 will be chosen to be included as finalist.  I submitted three entries however only one was picked to be included on the contest. Users of the application can download your entry and use it as the wallpaper for their mobile phones. Aside from the number of the download, there are also judges that will decide on who will be the winner. The winner will be announced at the end of October.

Since October is a month for Halloween, there was a Halloween Booth contest in the office. The main theme was to decorate your pumpkin. I was tasked to do the backdrop of our booth. The heavy task of painting a huge cloth was given to me which I have to finish in three days.

I have no problem in making drawings however I don't know how to mix and blend color. I can paint but it's usually monochromatic. 

I asked my two siblings to help me paint. Good thing they are very much happy and willing to lend a hand. Over the weekend and the holiday, I spent the whole day completing the painting. 

The concept of our booth was a pumpkin farm however to make it interesting and amazing we made a large pumpkin where kids can go inside and peek into the eyes. We asked helped from our building assistant to do the structure of the large pumpkin. We all helped out to make the pumpkin and decorate our booth so that it will look like a pumpkin farm.

I didn't win first place for both contest. 

For the photography contest, my entry was among the 100 entry chosen for the second prize. 


For the Halloween booth contest, our group won also for second place. A heart-breaking thing is that it's only a one point difference from the first place.








No comments:

Post a Comment