May 31, 2015

Rustic Summer at Oldwoods by the Sea Eco-Resort

It was a vacation with friends however things come up and I ended having to travel alone. The original plan was a trip to Bolinao but the resort near Patar is expensive for a solo traveler and a cheaper resort was not responding to my call or emails.

While browsing for places to visit in Bolinao, I came across to a rustic looking resort. The name of the resort is Oldwoods by the Sea. I immediately sent an email and after a day I received information about their room rates. Unfortunately, the rooms that is good for two persons area already occupied so I opted for a two bedroom room. The price is just the same for a single bedroom.


For several days, I kept on bugging the owner of the place to get information on how to reach their place. The resort is owned by retired doctor Elizabeth Navarro and her husband Ex-Mayor Marcelo Navarro. It was supposed to be a retirement home for them but now the place also welcomes tourists. Dra. Beth was just so nice and accommodating in answering all my queries.

I reached the resort after 8-hour of travelling from Manila to Bani. It was very hot that day and the refreshing ambiance of the resort has helped relieved the blaze of the sun. The place is filled with trees and flowers.

Dra. Beth greeted my arrival and immediately offered me some refreshments before bringing me to my room. She also gave me a short tour of the place.



I was in total awe when she showed me my room. The room was beautiful! The bed and even the bathroom are made of heavy wood material. The room has Sports theme so the decorations and even the books on my side table are about sports. Most especially, I have my own terrace with a hammock where I can see the sea. 



The resort has a swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The public beach is accessible from their resort but you have to walk going down the beach. I tried to venture the public beach unfortunately when I was already near the beach I heard dogs barking and saw one dog approaching me. I was supposed to take a shot of the sunset but instead decided to go back than to risk being bitten by the dogs. They have a private beach which is very long trek but they will be glad to assist you getting there by using their vehicle.



Part of my accommodation in the resort is three set of meal – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I just have to add P1,200 to have the meals. While having a sumptuous dinner, Dra. Beth informed that they will have a bonfire and invited me to join. Other guests were also invited. I joined them in the bonfire where we also roast some corns. There were no stars that evening but the lanterns from their trees gave a very charming ambiance.





I woke up early to take my morning walk and enjoy the place. You can hear the birds and the rustling of the trees while walking. 







During breakfast, I was informed by Dra. Beth that the other guests will be going to the beach and asked me if I want to join. Of course, I said yes! So after breakfast, I immediately prepared my things and just a few minutes I received a call informing me that we are ready to go to the beach.

The beach is a private property of the family. It has shallow waters but we were informed that it suddenly become deep on the area where the waves break. Although shallow, fishes are very evident and can easily be seen. We took our time basking on the water and enjoying the warmth of the sun.




It was with a big heart for me to leave the place. The owners of the resort are very nice and friendly and I never felt that I was alone even if I’m travelling solo. Dra. Beth gave me hug as I ride their car to take me to the terminal going home.


No comments:

Post a Comment