March 13, 2014

Sangria for the Night

A friend invited us for a drink last night. It was a bit cold night even though Summer is fast approaching. I was a bit hesitant but her persuasion made me come along with her.

We went to Beso in Bonifacio High Sreet. My friend frequently goes there to have their Sangria. Sangria is a common beverage in Spain and Portugal. It is a mix of wine, chopped fruit, a sweetener and small amount of brandy. Our sangria was mixed with orange. Other fruits that can be mixed are mango, peach, kiwi, melon and berries.

The Sangria has helped to forget the past weeks that was very exhausting. It was indeed a nice a idea to just sit and have a drink for awhile.

We ordered a Jamon Serrano to go along with our Sangria. The pork was air cured for 36 months and was sliced as thin as a paper. I cannot exactly explain the taste of the meat. All I know is that it was just perfect with our drink.


Aside from these thin sliced meat, we also ordered the Beso Paella. This one is very delicious. It has pork, chorizo, bacon, prawns, squid, mussels, clams and bacon. I loved it because it has lots of prawns and squids.


It was a very relaxing night. We were able to relax and enjoy the evening even if we were all stressed out. The Sangria at Beso is something that I will always look forward to every Friday night.




No comments:

Post a Comment