April 20, 2013

At the House of Katsu

Overwhelmed! I was really overwhelmed when they served my Menchi Katsu. I know the Katsu they serve are at a large serving but I never imagined that it will be that big. Or maybe I really have a small appetite that is why I was really surprised when I saw their Katsu. 


My friend invited us to try eating at Yabu. The restaurant which is famous for Katsu. My friend had already tried their Katsu and he highly recommended it to us. So one Friday night, we went to nearest Yabu restaurant from our office. 


When we reached the place, there are people waiting in line to be seated. Yabu has really made a buzz. It became a craze that almost everyone want to taste their Katsu. We have to wait only about fifteen minutes and we were seated. Our orders are immediately taken. We amused ourselves in preparing the sauce for the Katsu while we are waiting for our meals to be served. As we grind the black and white sesame seeds its aroma fills the air. This make us even more hungrier and excited for our dinner. Once the sesame seeds are grind, we put two scoops of the Tonkatsu sauce. 

Only a few minutes our dinner were served. The meal usually have a bowl of rice, Japanese pickles, cabbages, miso soup, fruits and of course your choice of Katsu. One of my friend ordered their mixed Seafood Katsu which has black tiger prawns, scallop, cream dory, oyster and squid. Two of my friend had Rosu Katsu. For me, I ordered their Menchi Katsu which is a combination of minced beef and pork with cheese in the middle. 


On my next visit, I will try their Katsu Curry Set. Just like the other Katsu meal it is also served with unlimited rice and cabbage, fruits and miso soup. The difference is that it has Curry sauce which is popular in Japan in the Meiji era. You can request to have the curry in separate bowl because they usually served it with the Katsu. You can also choose if you want the Curry to be a bit spicy and hot.

The price of their meal ranges from P300.00 to P600.00. Yabu can be found in SM Megamall, Robinsons Magnolia and SM Mall of Asia.




No comments:

Post a Comment