July 14, 2014

Running Never Stops - Takbo.PH Runfest 2014

Running has become my favorite exercise. So its no surprise that I started joining fun run. However, I don't just join whatever fun run that I heard or saw. I weigh them and do some research. Yeah, I'm serious about running. Since I'm paying to join I should be careful and really examine the run I'm going into.

The recent fun run I participated was the Runfest of Takbo.PH. Takbo.PH is popular for organizing run. They have a website where you can check the fun run hat are scheduled for the whole year. They are very much credible that every runner knows their site.

Their Runfest happened on July 13, 2014 at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. As early as 3AM runners are already on the venue especially those participating for the 21K event.


The Runfest has three events - 21K, 10K and 5K. I registered for the 10K event. When we reached the venue, at 4:30AM the 21k event has started. We already saw the runners on another street.

The assembly time for the 10K event was at 5AM. The event was hosted Bearwin Meilly. He was able to made the morning very lively and fun because of his jokes. More than that, he shared some of his experience as a runner. His story was very inspirational. He is very disciplined in his running.


The sun was already on the horizon and we still have not started the race. The guns start was at 5:30AM. A t this time I can already feel the heat of the sun. I think that we should have started at a much earlier time like 5AM when the sun was not yet up. I have not yet completed 3KM but I feel exhausted because of the heat. There were even no wind that morning. I felt relieved when I saw the first drinking station.


Since the race seems to start late there are part of Bonifacio Global City that have passing vehicle. Everytime I have to pass an intersection or street there is an urge to speed up my run. Unfortunately, when I was about to pass Market Market there were already cars and passenger jeeps and obviously there are irritated of the traffic that we have caused. We were stopped by the traffic enforcer and marshal of the race to give way to the vehicles. After that its a run going up to C5.

The route to C5 I can say is the most challenging part of the race. Going down was easy but going up is very tiring. Runners knowing that they will easily get tired decided to walk while going up back to Market Market. After C5 its only 1KM to finish line.



After a few minutes, its Finish Line!


The run was very exhausting and dehydrating. I wish we were able to start earlier when it was still a bit dark. Anyway, I still enjoyed it and it has become a part of my running story.


No comments:

Post a Comment