August 16, 2013

It's Heat Time at Edsa Shangri-la Hotel

There has been a lot of buffet restaurant that is appearing in the metro. Some are very affordable while other  are very expensive. There are buffet that only offer specific type of cuisine like they may only have Chinese food or Filipino food or Japanese food. While there are buffet restaurant that have food choice from different part of the world. 

Last night I have an opportunity to have dinner at Heat, Edsa Shangri-la. I have a small appetite, so  I don't often eat at buffet. Good thing is that I'm familiar with the foods at Heat. I already know the foods that I will eat which means less hassle on deciding what to choose and then being disappointed in the end. 

Food choices at Heat ranges from Filipino, Chinese, American, Indian and Japanese. They also have a wide variety of salads and breads.

To start with I had some seafoods. I had a curacha, tempura and green mussels. I only took two pieces of the tempura and mussels because I know that too much of these may cause high blood pressure.


My friend even though she's thin was able to eat three curachas. She even knows the right sauce to go with it. What is more amazing is that she ate the curachas without any difficulty. 


After a serving of seafoods, I headed out to the buffet table again to have my meat. I always have a slice of their steak whenever I eat at Heat. But last tonight was different, I requested for two slices of steak. I had a generous serving of steaks that everyone in our table was staring at me. They don't believe that I can eat it all up. 

Aside from the steaks, I also had a piece of chicken in curry sauce, grilled chicken and another type of beef. I also put two potato wedges that has just the right kick of spice.

Aside from the foods that I ate, Heat also has a variety of dumplings, makis, sushi and sashimi. 

Dinner at Heat will never be complete without their dessert. They have a chocolate fountain with choices of fruits and mallows. Beside the chocolate fountain are the different cakes, panna cota and puddings. They also have an ice cream corner where you can ask for an ice cream teppanyaki that you can watch while being made. 


Beside the ice cream station are the crepes. You can also watch the chef do your crepe. You have banana, peach and mango as fillings for the crepe. 

They also have fruits for dessert. Heat usually have melon, pineapple, watermelon and papaya for fruits. 

 There are a lot of good reasons to eat at Heat. It might be pricey but its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment