December 2, 2012

The Finisher: Nike We Run MNL 2012

The Finisher... The 30th city to participate on the Nike We Run 2012 is Manila. The run is to be held in 34 cities and the run is its 2nd year to be held in Manila. The run started in September 1 at Prague, Czech Republic and will end on December 15 at Rio De Janiero, Brazil. Approximately 13,000 participated on the said event here in Manila.

My younger brother was supposed to participate and he was really looking forward on the event. Unfortunately two weeks before the run, he was diagnosed with Dengue and was confined in the hospital for almost ten days. The doctor advised him not to participate for he was still not physically fit for a race like that. My brother was really sad after hearing what the doctor had said. On our mind, someone must run so that we can get the shirt. Four days before the race, my twin sister volunteer herself to run. She has no experience in running on a race. We are all anxious if she can finish the race within the given time.

On the day of the race - December 2, 2012, me, my younger brother and twin all went to the race. Since it is the first time of my sister we are there to accompany and support her. My younger brother act as our guide as he tell us how the race will go, where should my sister go and some of the race guidelines. There are really a lot of people who join the event.



The race flag-off was supposed to be 5:30AM however based on our time it started at 5:45AM. My brother and I watched as the participants started to run. After we saw that my sister has already pass the starting line, my brother and I decided to hang-out at Starbucks. We just ordered a croissant, a doughnut and frappuccino. 


 The race ended at 8AM and after the race is a live band performance from Spongecola, Chicosci and Never the Strangers. A lot of the runners stayed and watched the band performance.






No comments:

Post a Comment